The objectives of the current budget are to:
- increase the number, and training, of people exercising Christian ministry in the diocese
- sustain ministry in every parish by deploying the full number of parish priests apportioned to the diocese by the Archbishops' Council
- encourage recruitment of parish clergy by maintaining stipends at the level recommended for the eastern region by the Archbishops' Council
- upgrade parsonage houses to modern standards and provide routine maintenance and expenditure.
How the budget is agreed
The annual budget is drawn up after wide consultation across the diocese:
- at the beginning of each year, budget holders are invited to submit their estimated expenditure for the following financial year, which begins on 1 January
- a draft budget is drawn up and put before the Finance Committee, the Bishop's Council and the Diocesan Synod for their consideration during the spring
- the Finance Committee then draws up the final budget which is made available to deanery synods for comment and approval
- From 1 January 2017 the diocese will use a three-rolling budget prepared on a zero-based method.
Latest Agreed budgets
- Ely 2025 Programme 2021-25 and Budget Guide 2022 - Explanatory Notes
- EDBF Budget Guide 2021-2022 - Parish Notice Board Poster - web
- Ely2025 Programme 2021-23 and Budget Guide 2021 - Explanatory Notes
- Diocese of Ely Budget Guide 2020-2021 Parish Notice Board Poster - web
- Ely 2025 Programme 2019-21 and Budget Guide 2019 - Explanatory Notes
- Ely 2025 Programme 2018-2020 and Budget Guide 2018 - Explanatory Notes
- Ely 2025 Programme 2017-19 and Budget Guide 2017 - Explamatory Notes
- 2016 Budget Guide and Explanatory Notes
- 2015 Budget Guide and Explanatory Notes
Financial Reports and Accounts
- The Ely Diocesan Board of Finance Reports and Accounts are posted on the Charity Commission website and can be viewed via this link.