Every diocese has its own Diocesan Synod which consists of the bishops and archdeacons and elected laity and clergy.
- consider matters affecting the Church of England in the diocese;
- act as a forum for debate of Christian opinion on matters of religious or public interest;
- formulates diocesan policy on a wide range of issues;
- advise the bishop where requested;
- deal with matters referred by General Synod;
- votes the funding of stipends and administration to be raised from the parishes.
Diocesan Synod Standing Orders
- You can download a copy of the Diocesan Synod and Standing Orders by clicking here.
Diocesan Synods Dates and Minutes
2024 Dates (provisional)
- 9 March
- 19 June evening
- 12 October
- 11 March
- 14 June evening
- 14 October
- 5 March (AM)
- 21 June (PM) - Over Coimmunity Centre, Over, Cambs
- 15 October (AM)
- 13 March (AM session)
- 16 June (PM session)
- 6 November (AM Session)
2020 / 2019 Dates
- 8 December 2020
- 7 October 2020
- 19 October 2019
- 12 June 2019
- 9 March 2019
Further details on future Diocesan Synod dates can be found in the calendar section on the website.
Contact the Diocesan Synod team
- Diocesan Synod papers are issued from the Diocesan office by Sheena Bridgman.
- Please contact Sheena via email here if you have any queries.