The Diocese of Ely is seeking a Rector for the Shingay Group of Parishes.
The Shingay Group consists of 6 parishes: Abington Pigotts, Guilden Morden, Litlington, Steeple Morden, Tadlow and Wendy, lying some fifteen miles from Cambridge. Located in the south-western corner of the Ely Diocese, on the borders of Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire, we have easy links to London and Cambridge.
We are praying for a new Rector who will embrace living among us and share wholeheartedly in the life of our communities in our delightful rural area.
- Congregations, each with their own identity, who are working closer together and looking to strengthen their witness in the community
- An experienced and supportive Ministry Team - ordained and lay.
- A modern, newly refurbished vicarage with access to good local schools
We are looking for someone who will:
- Lead us with deep and generous faith and challenge us to widen and deepen the church’s presence within the parishes
- Be an empathetic, proactive team player who works collaboratively with the Ministry Team and is open to new ideas and different styles of worship
- Be visible within the community across all age groups
We seek a leader who has warmth, empathy, and a good pastoral heart; who can help and inspire us to reach out and bring the church into the life of our villages, and our villagers into the life of the church.
Further Details and Applications
- Closing date for applications: Friday 20 October 2023
- Interviews provisionally planned for: Wednesday 29 November 2023
- Informal enquiries welcome: please contact the Archdeacon on email@example.com.
- Shingay Group Profile: download here
- Application Form: download here
- Please submit your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Diocese of Ely is committed to safer recruitment practices for people working or volunteering with children and adults and therefore this position is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service).