Welcome to our new Licensed Lay Ministers who were admitted and licensed by the Bishop of Huntingdon in Ely Cathedral on Saturday 2nd October 2021.
Our new LLMs are:
- Jane Brooks to minister as Children & Families Minister in Huntingdon
- Chris Fry to minister as Evangelist in Ely
- Susan Grant to minister as Pioneer in Yaxley
- David Grumett to minister as Reader in Cambridge (St Mary’s the Great)
- Helen Jackson to minister as Pioneer in Cambridge (St Barnabas)
- Susan Meah to minister as Children & Families Minister in The 5folds Team
- Katrina Myers to minister as Reader in Witchford with Wentworth, Haddenham, Wilburton
- Ingrid Randall to minister as Pioneer in Huntingdon
- Lauren Randall to minister as Reader in Chatteris
- Sarah Rittman to minister as Children & Families Minister in The Lordsbridge Team
- Mark Walsh to minister as Reader in The Three Rivers Group
Also licensed on 2nd October, transferring in from the Diocese of Leeds
- Gill Robertson to minister as Reader in Bluntisham cum Earith with Colne & Holywell cum Needingworth
Licensed Lay Ministers
“… are called to serve the Church of God and to work together with clergy and other ministers. They are to lead public worship, to preach and teach the word of God, to assist at the eucharist and to share in pastoral and evangelistic work. As licensed lay ministers, they are to encourage the ministries of God’s people, as the Spirit distributes gifts among us all. They are called to help the whole Church to participate in God’s mission to the world.”
Please pray for these new LLMs and for all those already faithfully serving in our Diocese.
Almighty and everlasting God,
hear our prayer which we offer for all your faithful people,
that in their vocation and ministry they may serve you in holiness and truth,
to the glory of your name;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Below are a selection of photographs from the service.