Contingency plans for the coronavirus pandemic and launch of a new telephone service
Member Dioceses along with Parish Statement Receivers (often PCC Treasurers) are receiving regular updates and assurances from the Parish Giving Scheme (PGS) Team about the contingency arrangements in place to limit any disruption to the service.
Following receipt of further clarification from the Department of Health regarding working policies for key workers, the office in Gloucester has been able to re-open without contravening government instructions. Staff are adhering to social distancing practices and safe operating procedures.
It is business as usual, although there may be an understandable delay to some service levels and response times.
In summary, therefore:
- All existing regular gift instructions will be claimed and returned to parish bank accounts as would normally be expected on the 10th of the month
- The PGS Team will continue to submit the monthly Gift Aid claim to HMRC for all existing eligible donors
- Once the PGS Team receives the Gift Aid payment from HMRC, it will pass the payment directly to parish bank accounts in the same timeframe as usual
- Direct Debit instructions from donors new to the scheme are being received and processed, with confirmation letters being sent to all donors
- The PGS Team will be able to administer changes to existing donations
- The PGS Team will be monitoring the email inbox and managing telephone calls
Parishes and donors with requests or queries are encouraged to contact the PGS Team by email at email@example.com, as this will be the most efficient line of communication during the current period.
Paper-based Direct Debit instructions from donors new to the scheme are being received and processed, with confirmation letters being sent to all donors. In addition, a new telephone service, designed to enable prospective donors to set up a regular (or one-off) Direct Debit gift over the phone, is now available Monday to Friday between 09:00 and 17:00hrs.
More information about this new service can be found at https://www.parishgivingscheme.org.uk/
Parishes interested in joining the scheme, or requiring more Donor Gift Packs, should contact Martin Kenward, Projects and Development Officer, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org