Dust and Glory - Lent Reflections
Dust and Glory - Lent 2023 from the Church of England
#DustAndGlory: A Lent journey of faith, failure and forgiveness
- This Lent we are all invited to explore how we can live well with the mess of everyday life.
- Dust and Glory encourages us to take a fresh look at the frustrations and failings that every day brings and, rather than pretending we can always avoid them, seek to learn from them and grow closer to God through them.
The Archbishops’ Lent Book and Course
- Dust and Glory: A Lent journey of faith, failure and forgiveness is the Church of England’s Lent theme for 2023. This year’s resources are informed and inspired by the Archbishop of Canterbury’s 2023 Lent Book, Failure: What Jesus said about sin, mistakes and messing stuff up (SPCK) by Bishop Emma Ineson, who has also co-written the daily reflections booklet for adults (CHP).
- There will be free online support for groups studying the book – including in-depth video interviews with the Archbishop of Canterbury and others exploring the themes of each of the chapters.
- The book will also be the 2023 Big Church Read for Lent.
Daily reflections – booklets, app, audio
- As in recent years, the weekly themes of the Archbishop’s Lent Book are also explored in daily reflections from the Church of England.
- Dust and Glory: A Lent Journey of faith, failure and forgiveness offers a daily Bible reading, a short reflection and a practical challenge, as well as a prayer linked to the week’s theme. Co-written by Bishop Emma Ineson and Abbie Martin, the booklet is designed to be used either in parallel with the Lent Book or independently.
- An accompanying children’s version will also be available to help children and their families explore how we can live well together, offering a simple daily activity designed to explore the weekly themes.
- The book and booklets will be accompanied by daily #DustAndGlory social media posts from Ash Wednesday (22 February) to Easter Day (9 April), together with a wide range of free digital resources for individuals, groups and churches.
- An update to the award-winning Church of England campaigns app for iOS and Android – including daily audio – will be available in early February. Anyone who has the Church of England’s #FollowTheStar app installed will automatically get the Lent update.
- The reflections will also be available via email and also via the Church of England’s smart speaker apps – as well as on the Daily Hope phone line.
Help to promote your Lent events
- Looking for ways to help spread the word about your Lent and Easter events and services?
- Add them to AChurchNearYou.com and then head to the Resource Hub to customise your own Lent social media graphics and videos, download free stock photography and more.
- On the Resource Hub, you will also be able to access our Lent and Easter music collection, with more than 80 tracks specifically for church services.
Find out more
Page last updated: Friday 13th January 2023 3:42 PM
First published on: 13th January 2023