The Master and Fellows of Corpus Christi College in the University of Cambridge, Patron, seek to appoint a Vicar of St. Bene't's Church, Cambridge.
For 1000 years St. Bene’t’s has been a place of Christian worship at the heart of Cambridge. It is home to a community of people drawn together to worship God and sent out from the church to bear witness to God’s love.
We are seeking a full-time vicar to:
- grow and deepen the faith of our community through word, sacrament and pastoral care
- lead and guide our inclusive, welcoming church
- deliver patterns of worship and prayer that value liturgy centred on the Eucharist
- drive outreach and be ambitious for the church in the world
We offer a church:
- that is an open sanctuary which seeks to welcome all as we would welcome Christ
- with a faithful community rooted in prayer and intercession
- that seeks to share God’s Grace and actively supports ministry to the marginalised and vulnerable
- that is open to further plans and aspirations for ministry, mission and outreach
- with sound finances, administrative support and a well-maintained building
- Closing date for return of completed application forms: 9am Monday, 4 March 2024
- Familiarisation day: Tuesday, 30 April 2024
- Interviews: Wednesday, 1 May 2024
Further Information and Applications
- Parish Profile: click here
- Application Form: click here
- For an informal conversation, please contact the Archdeacon, the Ven Dr Alex Hughes: email@example.com
- Please return your completed Application to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
The Diocese of Ely is committed to safer recruitment practices for people working or volunteering with children and adults and therefore this position is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service).