The Bishop of Ely and patron Lord De Ramsey wishes to appoint a Rector for the Ramseys and Upwood Benefice (St Mary’s: Ramsey St Mary’s; St Thomas à Becket: Ramsey; St Peter’s Upwood with the Raveleys)
Is God drawing you to ministry in our Benefice?
We are three churches but with one heart for the communities we serve: we need someone who will be both alongside and leading us in our mission.
Our present incumbent has moved our thinking and made us realise that the impossible can often be made possible. Would you like to be part of that future?
Are you a priest who:
- Is a strong pastoral leader, able to communicate sensitively and effectively with all ages -within and outside the congregation?
- Will be a visible presence in the Benefice, embracing fen life and responsive in times of need?
- Has the leadership skills to empower, support and manage paid staff and volunteers to use their talents, enthusiasm and skills for God’s work in the life of our churches and communities?
- Is able to make teaching about our faith accessible and meaningful to all?
- Has inspiration and new ideas to help us develop our work in the Benefice, especially in the new estates? Is confident with our variety of worship styles and music?
- Will be inclusive, vibrant, cheerful and have a sense of fun?
We can offer you:
- A forward-looking, growing church in a market town steeped in history.
- The opportunity to work with us to deliver God’s plan for our benefice.
- The chance to experience and minister to smaller, rural communities.
- Excellent accommodation comprising a three-year-old, purpose built four bedroomed detached Rectory in a pleasant setting within walking distance of St Thomas à Becket church.
- A supportive Diocese and Deanery
Key Dates and Further Information
- Closing Date: 12 noon on Saturday 9 March 2024
- Interviews provisionally planned for: Wednesday 10 April 2024
- Informal discussion: Ven Richard Harlow on Tel: 07415 757527
- Parish profile: Download here
- Benefice website: https://www.ramseysandupwood.org/
- This position is subject to an enhanced DBS
- Application Form: Download here
- Please return your completed Application Form to Archdeacon.firstname.lastname@example.org
We pray to be generous and visible people of Jesus Christ