The Bishop of Ely seeks to make a full-time appointment for a Vicar to serve in the parishes of St Margaret of Antioch, Hemingford Abbots and St James, Hemingford Grey
Two lively and distinct parishes in attractive rural settings, one evangelical and the other with a more traditional approach, are looking for an energetic and compassionate leader so as to achieve a greater impact both in our communities and in our other mission activities. CPAS is the Patron for St James; the Trustees of the late Lord Hemingford for St Margaret’s.
The two Parishes offer:
- Two lively congregations, each with their own traditions and styles, but both eager to learn, grow and be led where God wants to take us.
- Unwavering support and friendship from the people in both congregations.
- The opportunity for personal, professional and spiritual growth.
- A rich resource across both parishes of an Associate priest, retired priests, plus both licensed and unlicensed laity, all involved in leading worship services and preaching. St James’s PCC also employs a Youth and Children’s Minister.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and skilled teams of people thoroughly involved in all aspects of the life of the two churches.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Have a vibrant faith and love of God and are passionate about helping others grow in their own faith and to share it with our communities.
- Have experience relevant to helping us reach out to all age groups, including children, young people and families and to grow our congregations.
- Be comfortable leading, participating in and encouraging a wide range of worship styles and formats as well as the different traditions of the two parishes.
- Have a track record of strong but servant leadership, not necessarily in ordained ministry (i.e. this could be their first incumbency), able to delegate and to identify and encourage gifts and leadership in others.
Further Details and Applications
- Closing date: 12 noon Friday 6 October
- Interviews provisionally planned for: Thursday 26 October
- Preferred candidate appointment provisionally planned for: Thursday 27 October. at 10am (via zoom)
- View this vacancy via Pathways click here to view details
- Parish Profile for St Margaret of Antioch church Hemingford Abbots and St James church Hemingford Grey - Download here
- Application Form - Download here (September 2023 version)
- Please return Application forms to: The Ven Richard Harlow by email at Archdeacon.email@example.com
The Diocese is committed to safer recruitment practices with people working or volunteering with children and therefore this position is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.