- The Diocese of Ely (Ely Diocesan Board of Finance) is seeking a Church Buildings and Pastoral Administrator to assist with the work undertaken by the Church Buildings and Pastoral Department relating to churches across the Diocese of Ely.
- The successful candidate will work with an established and expert team. They will support the inspection, repair and development of 330 church buildings, 83% of which are listed Grade I or II*, along with the legal processes required to achieve this.
- This role is both administrative and outward-facing, supporting the volunteers in the field who directly manage church buildings, as well as working alongside acknowledged experts, professionals and committees who support the department's work.
- Enthusiasm, commitment and excellent communication skills will be vital attributes for all candidates.
- Act as first point of contact for all DAC and church buildings enquiries, dealing with or re-directing enquiries as necessary.
- Assist in the preparation and issuing of DAC agendas and minutes
- Assist in arranging DAC meeting dates, liaising with the committee chair, pastoral secretary and Archdeacons' secretaries and others as necessary
- Undertake all administrative tasks relating to List B (Archdeacon’s consent) casework, including liaising with DAC members and archdeacons as necessary, and issuing approved consents.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the online faculty system and encourage and assist parishes to use the online Faculty system.
- Administration of the Quinquennial Inspection (QI) Scheme for churches, to include maintaining the list of architects and surveyors; advice to parishes that their QI is due; receiving and checking reports and updating the Diocesan database as appropriate;
- Assisting HCBSO with updating the fabric condition survey.
- To contribute to the preparation and maintenance of relevant Departmental pages on the Diocesan website and social media accounts, ensuring information relating to faculty legislation, church buildings guidance and best practice, Qls etc is kept up-to-date.
- Assist in the arranging of site visits for the department, liaising with archdeacons, members and parishes to agree dates, taking notes of visits when requested
- Help with delivering departmental training, including taking bookings and assisting with in-person and online sessions.
- Working with the Pastoral Secretary and the CUC to administer the processes required for the closure and/or re-purposing of church buildings.
Terms and Conditions
- Salary: £22,000 (dependent on experience).
- Working hours: full-time (35 hours per week), within a standard 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
- Pension: Membership of The Church Workers Pension Fund (non-contributory)
- Contract: Permanent (subject to the successful completion of a 3-month probation period)
- Employer: Ely Diocesan Board of Finance
- Location: This role is home-based, but will require attendance at face-to-face meetings in Ely and other sites around the Diocese, as well as occasional work in the evening and at weekends for which time off in lieu will be given.
- Deadline for Application: 12 February 2023
- Interviews (to be held in Ely): 24 February 2023
- For a full job description, click here.
- Application form: download here
- To apply, please send a completed Application Form and covering letter (no more than one side of A4 detailing your suitability for this role) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org